Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Greek Crazy

I went Greek crazy last night at the grocery store.

I bought a 4-pack of fun-sized Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek yogurts and 4 more Chobani greek yogurts! Can you say Greek crazy? I wonder if they sell them in Prague?



These little greek guys are perfectly sized for a light snack or breakfast with 9 grams of protein each. I chose to have one for breakfast before I went to the gym.

At the gym I did a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I started feeling really light-headed so I rushed home for some breakfast, er, lunch.


I made myself two waffles topped with strawberries and agave syrup. I had egg whites, deli turkey and grape tomatoes on the side. Major yum.


Later on in the afternoon my stomach started rumbling again so I snacked on some cottage cheese, pretzels, and a fuji apple.

After all that snacking I wasn't all that hungry for dinner.

I still managed to whip up some sweet potato soup for me and my parents.



Super Easy & Healthy Sweet Potato Soup:

 3 sweet potatoes (cleaned)
 3 - 14 oz cans of chicken broth
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4  tsp nutmeg
Black pepper, Cinnamon, Curry Powder, Cayenne Pepper to taste
1/3 c. skim milk or regular almond milk

How to:
1. Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave on high for 8-10 minutes until soft.
2. Let cool then peel.
3. Once peeled, cut into pieces.
4. Puree sweet potato and chicken broth in a blender.
5. In a large saucepan, bring sweet potato-chicken broth puree to a boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer (low heat) and add all spices.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and add milk.

Voila! Sweet potato soup!
 Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment