Friday, February 18, 2011

Cookies for Breakfast

After eating dinner last night, I was overcome with a serious urge to bake. I had a Costco-sized bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips just sitting in the the cupboard waiting to be turned into some tasty treats.

I decided to make Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tina's blog Carrots 'N' Cake. I had come across this recipe on her blog a couple days ago while browsing through her recipes section and knew that I needed to make my own!

I tweaked the recipe a bit by substituting the butter for applesauce to make them a little more heart-healthy. I also added half of a mashed banana to the mix.

(Tip: When baking with applesauce it is usually best to bake a few minutes longer than the recipe calls for because of the added moisture.)


The Result = Major Chocolate-y Moist Goodness!


They were so good that I had five cookies last night... and five for breakfast. Oops.


But let's be honest, what could be better than delicious little morsels of oats, applesauce, walnuts, banana, and chocolate to start off the day?

Who says cookies are just for dessert? Do you eat cookies for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment